Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Creature Comforts charity sewing event at The Santa Monica Museum of Art


So I went to this event and it was amazing! Jenny Ryan of Felt Club and Lori of Swap-o-rama-rama (this Sunday by the way) helped put together this charity sewing extravaganza! These are the blankets that we were making. One is 15x 15 and the larger one is 25x 25 inches.

Look at all those sewers in this great space at the Santa Monica Museum of Art
I know this picture is blurry but I have to say I have never sewed with a cool live DJ!(top center)

Here is my finished blanket. I strip pieced it with a bunch of different fabrics I randomly chose.
Here is a whole bunch of blankets and cat toys. I think they are so cheerful!
I loved this little girl. She really got into it. I also love that she took a small faux fur remnant and made a head band!
And last but not least, props must be paid to another dutiful dude for going along with the wife to a craft event and getting into the action!

Be sure to check out www.snugglesproject.org if you want to get in on the action!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing event! I love to see the crafting community using its powers for good!

Anonymous said...

That must have been such a fabulous time! Wish I coulda been there too!

Anonymous said...

How cool to see stitchers of all ages participating!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin