Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For the Love of Flaming Hot Coffee Cozy- Inspired by the Crafty Chica's Guide to Artful Sewing

Crafty Chica's Guide to Artful Sewing:
Fabu-Low-Sew Projects for the Everyday Crafter

Is so yummy!
The Crafty Chica has done it again!
I loved her book, The Crafty Chica Collection and all her sparkly products!

And now there is a new book packed with more fabulous inspiration. I love the heart with the flame buckle but I don't wear belts much right now, so I looked around to see what I could pop one on? It didn't take me long to see a plane sweater cuff coffee cozy that was oh "sew" plain.
Perfect!

I cut the heart out of some pretty plaid fabric that matched the pink of the sweater cuff (felted) perfectly and I cut the flame out of a scrap of yellow-ish jersey fabric I had cut off a shirt I altered.Talk about mixed media.

I must add at this point I used some super sassy new Simplicity Scissors. If you have never scored yourself a nice new good pair of scissors-you should! Nothing makes a fabric project go smoother than having the first step of cutting out go easy. And always keep your fabric scissors only for fabric, this will keep them in tip top shape and sharpness.
After I cut out my shapes, I pinned them in place and did a large running stitch with 3 strands of embroidery floss.
Ta-da! Hmmm makes me want cofffeeeee, off to make some!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin