Thursday, November 6, 2008

Recycled Upcycled Sweater Napkin rings

First I want to share with you this cool video that goes with my latest favorite song. Music to upcycle by:



So here is the sweater "before" it went under the knife, well in this case under the rotary cutter.
I cut strips about 1 3/4 inches wide by about 6 inches long more or less centering the embroidery. You can really make them any size around that. Then with matching thread I sewed up the ends. This is so easy even kids could do it. If you didn't find a sweater with a motif already embroidered on it you could embroider or needle or wet felt your own design. I do recommend embellishing before stitching it into a tube though. I have stitched on a wrist sweat band once and it was a little fussy.
Happy eating!

3 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

What a cozy idea! I'll be linking.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Idea! I much prefer using cloth napkins to paper ones.

Anonymous said...

Do you think you could use fabric glue as well to glue on embellishments?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin