Friday, August 28, 2009

Yoga ball never "looked" so fun, How to paint a yoga ball to look like an eye for a lawn Halloween Decoration

Yup you read right. I turned my yoga ball into a giant eyeball for a Halloween decoration for my lawn. The two bowling ball ones needed something to look at. hehe
This is how I did it:
The yoga ball already had concentric circles on it so it was super easy to pick one and simply mask off a circle for the blue part of the eye. I then taped some newspaper to cover the yoga ball from over spray. I used blue spray paint that I had in my stash but if you are going out to buy paint specifically for this project you probably want to get something that says it works on plastic or a primer. The blue was standard Krylon Interior/exterior and the black was Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Multi-purpose paint.
Here it is all painted.
I then repeated the process for the black center part of the eye.

I am keeping my "eye" out for another yoga ball so I can make a pair.

OK off to get the old Halloween decorations out and make some more new ones!

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Brillant idea. Much better for my well being than using it for yoga. Crafting is my favorite therapy :)

Cheers!

denise @ little ant design said...

Love this idea! I'd probably get more use out of my yoga ball as a Halloween prop anyway.

~drew emborsky~ said...

I love Halloween and this project is fantastic!!

johnwright said...

Great creativity..! Really a nice stuff for halloween decoration.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin