Monday, December 14, 2009

What am I listening to? The Lost Symbol and The Girl Who Played With Fire

I just finished 2 really great books on CD. (that's the only way I get "word" books in). With all the crafting and walking I do it just makes sense to listen to books! There are some really great readers out there. I especially love listening to books that are read by someone with an accent.

First I scored the latest Dan Brown Book on CD The Lost Symbol.

I have listened to everything that man has written and this one is just as good a roller coaster ride as all the others. He can mix action with wonderful descriptions like nobody can. He also throws in some history and science. Noetics is now something I know about. Whoo hooo!

The other book on CD I just finish in time to pass it on to one of my book club babes that was raving about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo , was the sequel (I always have to listen to things out of order ya know) The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson.

Another wonderful ride that takes place in the land of Ikea (which I have to say every time they brought up their furniture I just had to giggle (you know how the words sound funny to us USA-ers.) I won't spoil the story for you but it kept me on the...I was going to say, "on the edge of my seat", but I was walking mostly while listening to this so a more appropriate thing to say would be, "kept me on my toes". Well we picked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for our January book, so I'll keep you posted on that one, I'm sure it's going to be good!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin