Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How to make recycled sweater tags inspired buy the one in: Hand-Me-Ups By Lorine Mason

Ready, set, cut!

I love when I see a recycling project that I have everything to make already. That's not to say I don't love hunting for new things, I'm just saying when I was flipping through super fun and cute Hand-Me-Ups and I saw this stylish monogram felt luggage tag I new I had Sizzix dies that were virtually the same size letter and a circle die that I was betting would work too, so I was ready to craft!

I just fused some Heat and Bond on the back of a piece of recycled felted wool sweater and then ran the backed piece through the Sizzix die cutter with the letter "P" die.

I cut a non-backed piece of recycle wool felted sweater through with the circle die.
Then pealed the paper backing off and pressed them together.
Well, I just got the Tim Holtz gear die and I thought I'd put one of the gears on the back side of my baggage tag. I was on a roll and cut lots of gears. Not sure what they will "turn" into but I will be sure to keep you posted!

More about the book from the publisher Krause Publications:
Hand Me-Ups: Recrafting Kid's Clothes with Easy Techniques and Fun Designs
By Lorine Mason

"Hand-Me-Ups features 25+ exciting projects, all based on recycled items you can take from the closet or purchase second hand. By reworking the materials and then jazzing up the pieces with trendy embellishments and simple techniques, you can create fashion forward looks for today's kids. Includes a variety of projects such as clothing, belts, jewelry, shoes, bags and totes.

Lorine Mason is a crafting projects designer, utilising a variety of mediums. She has authored articles on home decor, the principles of designing projects for children and cross erchandising. She is the author of two other books by Krause Publications - Fashion Sweatshirts and Fashion Sweatshirts: Tots to Tweens."

8 comments:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [21 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Connie said...

this is terrific. your tags turned out great!

cheap beds said...

That is great work by Lorine Mason and I want some sample project to try from Fashion Sweatshirts. Thanks in advance.

- Annabella

dining tables said...

I like this idea. It is so nice and creative.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a quick and easy craft - if you have all that stuff laying around.

Is there a tutorial here about how to felt an old sweater?

Linda Augsburg said...

Lorine always has the greatest ideas! And I love how you've used them! Thanks for sharing, Stephanie!

Erika Mulvenna said...

Hi there! Love the project. I am looking for a way to contact you, we want to feature your blog over at www.WeAllSew.com! You can reach me at erikalynn (at) onemain (dot) com
Thanks, Erika

Unknown said...

nice post!!! it's really easy to make recycled sweater tags.... Thanks :-)

Memory Foam Mattress

Blog Widget by LinkWithin