Thursday, May 26, 2011

How to make fallen soldier uniform pendants

It is important to always remember the soldiers who give their lives for us every day but we do dedicate a very special day to them. So it is this weekend that I bring you my second fallen soldier project. Last year I posted about the tote bags I made for two Gold Star Moms out of their son's uniforms. This year I have to share with you a pendant that I made with scraps from one of the fallen soldier's uniforms, SPC Nick Steinbacher.

If you would like to make one here is how I made the uniform pendant:
I made a little square window the size of the Judikins pendant. I then could move the window around to get just the right bit of digital camo to fill the pendant.

Then I placed a bit of double sided Scotch poster tape on the back to stabilize the fabric, prevent it from fraying when cut and to stick it in the pendant.

I cut out the digital camo uniform piece and stuck it in the pendant.

Then I filled the pendant with Gel du Soleil Sunlight Curing Epoxy.

I am so grateful to all who serve and give me the freedom to do what I do.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Maria said...

That is a wonderful project!

Tammy said...

That would be such a nice gift for the family members.

An Ivory Beauty said...

My husband passed away almost 2 years ago and I think my 5 year old would love to keep a part of his papa's camis with him! What a great idea!

Grammy aka Aunt Mellen, Mary Ellen said...

I want to make some of these for my family.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin