Monday, November 28, 2011

How to make a recycled sweater Christmas tree from Sizzix die cut flowers

My Christmas mugs gaze adoringly at the latest recycled sweater Christmas tree to join the forest. This one had it's inspiration during the same craft show that the recycled sweater flower pumpkin did.
It's super easy to make. I die cut all the different sizes and shapes of Sizzix flowers I had out of all different shades of green recycled wool felted sweaters. I then stacked them up from biggest to smallest mixing up the shapes and colors.

I ran a bit of floral wire bent in half like a bobby pin from the top to the bottom and twisted it to secure the layers. Then I simply attached the bead with a silver tipped straight pin.

2 comments:

emarci said...

I am constantly amazed by your creativity and ability to use what you already have to make something new and beautiful. Thank you!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

That's so clever and looks easy to make. I'm definitely trying this one. Thanks for the inspiration, Stefanie.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin