Thursday, November 3, 2011

How to make a recycled zipper ring

My inspiration comes from a weird place today. These are characters from Sony's LittleBigPlanet. They have little zippers on them and I just thought I needed to make a new piece of recycled zipper jewelry.
So out came an old pair of jeans that I actually use when I felt a sweater so they really don't need their zipper and the seam ripper.
I used a piece of 20 gauge wire about 10 inches long and wrapped the wire through the zipper on each side of the pull. Then simply wrapped one end around all four pieces of wire on the side of the zipper pull that the zipper would come out of when it's together. The other end of the wire only gets wrapped around the other single wire so the "separated side" stays separate.

I am now going to go through some more of my old cloths to see if I can find some other zipper pulls to make more bling!

1 comment:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love this ring! How clever. Thanks for sharing your inspiration, Stef.

You are the Queen of Recycled Clothing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin