Thursday, December 15, 2011

Rorschach's new Christmas sweater and his yarn ball Christmas tree

Rorschach Amineko got a wonderful Christmas sweater from one of our best friends. I think he looks positively adorable in it. I mean really don't all cats look cute in sweaters, especially crazy Christmas ones! Here he is posing in front of his favorite Christmas tree in the house.

It's made from his mom's stash of green balls of yarn and dpns (double pointed needles). All I did was make a base of yarn and then stack each layer on top of the first securing the balls with the dpns.

And it seemed appropriate to top off this yarn ball tree with a tiny knit sweater.

I do love using my craft supplies in their natural state to make decorations. It will be super easy to dismantle and store back in the boxes as nothing was damaged. If you need to make yourself an Amineko check out this post that features the book I used to make Roy.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Love the sweater and the tree!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I'm going to file this under "other things to do with balls of yarn". I love the tree! And the sweater too. What a sweet gift that was.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin