Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How to make a recycled wool sweater Peep garland

Peep-tastic!
Generally when you think of wool sweaters you think of winter and Christmas crafts well not me. I was flipping through Felt Me a Smile: Heart-made Projects to Make and Give and boy was I smiling with page after page of pure cuteness! Specifically this bunny just called to me and reminded me that Easter is just around the corner.
One of my all time favorite bunnies is the bunny Peep and I thought that was just the bunny to make.
I found an outline online (that was fun to type :) of the Peep. I simply pinned the pattern to a bit of yellow recycled wool felted sweater and cut it out, and then cut more out, until I had all the Peeps I could make from my sweater scrap!
To make the eyes and nose I used a bit of black Tulip dimensional paint.

After the cute little faces were dry I ran a bit of thread through the bunny Peep ears. The recycled wool felted sweater is thick enough to hold the thread.

If you too like to make cute little felted things then I bet you will love:
Felt Me a Smile: Heart-made Projects to Make and Give
by
Toyoko Sugiwaka

More about the book from the publisher Potter Craft:

" Cute, quirky, huggable, & lovable animal-inspired projects for crafters of every skill level!

These 16 simple, useful, and wonderfully whimsical animal-inspired projects are guaranteed to elicit smiles all around. They use felting, embroidery, crochet, and fabric-painting techniques and are suitable for crafters of all levels and interests thanks to the step-by-step photographs, templates, and stitch-by-stitch instructions. Fans of today's popular Japanese crafts as well as animal-lovers everywhere, will find these ideas totally irresistible—from the twinkle-toed poodle baby booties to the adorable pair of hugging bears."

3 comments:

Cathie Filian said...

So cute!!! Would be a cute necklace too! Hugs, Cathie

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love each year as spring approaches and we get to see some new Peep creations from you, Stef! The garland is darling.

Cherie Burbach said...

This is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin