Wednesday, February 15, 2012

An old purse gets a new look with just a coat of Simply Spray Paint

Sometimes transformations can be so simple. Such is the case today. This Coach bag was rescued from my neighbor's trash. I loved the hardware details. If nothing else I thought I could cut them off and recycle them into a new project. But I really did love the shape of the purse but not the color. I don't like brown at all!!!! Well, as the title of today's post and the product's name that I used to complete my transformation states- all it took was a can of Black Simply Spray Paint for Upholstery to recycle this brown unusable purse (IMHO) into a fabulous stylin' black one.

The great part about using Black Simply Spray Paint for Upholstery was that the texture of the tone on tone print was still retained because the paint soaks in rather than sitting on top of the fabric.

3 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great job, Stef! I'm glad to know about this upholstery paint.

Does your neighbor know you go rooting through her trash? lol.

Tammy said...

I'd never heard of this paint before, very cool!

Anonymous said...

How is the bag holding up? I have an old coach that is filthy and won't clean. I am hoping painting it black will give it new life! Have you found that the paint transfers at all?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin