Thursday, November 29, 2012

How to make a Duck Tape Christmas tree shower curtain decoration

Looking for a super easy and BIG decoration? I have just the thing. Make yourself a Duck Tape Christmas tree shower curtain using holiday themed Duck Tape and a technique from the new book Crazy-Cool Duct Tape Projects by Marisa Pawelka.
Duck tape shower curtain Christmas tree Stefanie Girard
First up I hung the shower curtain and made 2 small marks as to the top and bottom of where I wanted my tree to be. Then I used the point making technique in Crazy-Cool Duct Tape Projects. I did modify it a bit by making my points a bit longer and random sizes.
 Duck tape shower curtain Christmas tree Stefanie Girard
I layered up the points starting from the outside working my way in toward the center.

Duck tape shower curtain Christmas tree Stefanie Girard
 Starting from the top I placed random strips of Duck Tape each a bit longer down the shower curtain.
Duck tape shower curtain Christmas tree Stefanie Girard
 I didn't try to keep them perfectly straight. I angled them slightly. If you are like me and like working with Duck Tape you are in luck there are 2 chances to win two prize packs full of Duck Tape, scissors and books over at Craft Gossip and Craftside.


2 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a a great idea! That would be great for a door or window also. I'm thinking of making the design on a piece of cling window vinyl, so it's reusable and doesn't leave a sticky mess behind on the glass. Thank you.

Cherie said...

LOL! Cute idea.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin