This is Jane Doe. She is an Amineko (crocheted cat) I made her using the pattern from the book Hello My Name Is Amineko. One of the fun things about plushies is dressing them up. Well as it turns out Jane is 16 inches tall and I thought I'd try making her the apron from the fun book All Dolled Up.
She of course had to supervise. I first traced the apron pattern and then cut it out.
I followed the directions in All Dolled Up and cut a lining fabric and then I chose to use some ribbons for the ties.
I have a little tip here. I didn't want to accidentally sew over the tie part of the ties sew I pinned them into the center of the apron fabric as you can see here.
Jane decided she was going to help top stitch the mini pom pom trim onto the bottom edge of her apron.
Here my little Jane Amineko is posing all dramatic-like. She's such a poser!
Like to sew stuff for little girls and dolls too? Grab a copy of:
All Dolled Up: Sewing Clothes and Accessories for Girls and Their 18-Inch Dolls
From the Publisher, Krause Publications:
"Stylish Outfits for Girls and Their Dolls!
A girl and her doll are fast friends indeed. Add in coordinating outfits, and nothing could be cuter! You can make adorable coordinating outfits for the girl in your life and the doll in hers with the help of All Dolled Up! From flowered party dresses, summer tops and Capri pants to fleece vests and messenger bags, the projects inside All Dolled Up provide easy, fun and fashionable outfits for every season and time of day.
- Make 20 different outfits including dress-up clothes, casual wear, pajamas and accessories.
- Create the clothing using full-size patterns for all of the doll projects and many of the girl projects.
- Learn time-saving techniques for creating clothing for 18-inch dolls, making any outfit in 30 minutes or less.
- Watch the techniques in action with author Joan Hinds and Nancy Zieman on the bonus DVD.
- Learn even more tips and techniques from Nancy Zieman in her Notes from Nancy throughout the book.
Making matching outfits for your girl and her doll is easy and fun with All Dolled Up!
Video DVD player or software required to view enclosed DVD.