Thursday, November 18, 2010

Illuminated broken windshield glass vase inspired by the book-Eco Craft: Recycle Recraft Restyle

Today's post is so special! It is the first one that includes a home movie or as they call it now- a video. I'm not really thaaaat old but, this is one I shot myself and it makes me smile. It was inspired by a project from the book Eco Craft: Recycle Recraft Restyle.
Watch the colors change!



Here is a shot of my broken windshield glass filled shot glass on a changing light base with the lights on.
I had so much playing around with different vases, amounts of glass combos. I tried some marbles in the mix too.
In case you were wondering, because I know you were, "where does one get broken windshield glass?" Well, I am probably one step away from being a hoarder. I saved it from my very first car! I filled a bottle with it even back then (I was 16) because I thought it was pretty and I have had it ever since. The fabulous part of this story, for me anyway, was that I could FIND it! I think that's what keeps me from the official "hoarder" status, that I know what I have and can find it. Because, let's face it, I don't think everyone has a broken windshield glass from the car they drove when they were 16 department in their house.

But as the wonderful idea from Eco Craft: Recycle Recraft Restyle shows, you can use much more readily available bits of glass to make a bottom lit bowl of glass. There are such wonderful and inspiring modern recycled craft projects in this book. If you want to win a copy pop on over to Recycled Crafts at Craft Gossip.com and leave a comment.

More about the book from Lark:


Eco Craft: Recycle Recraft Restyle

by

Susan Wasinger

"Who knew taking care of the planet could look so good? Eco Craft shows how, with 30 truly beautiful home d├ęcor projects that elevate environmental consciousness to stylish new heights. Every idea is amazingly clever: who would ever have imagined that plastic six-pack can holders could become a chic Moorish-inspired filigree tri-fold screen? Or that glass baby food jars would make a charming candle chandelier? Every project features at least one beauty shot in a modern home setting, easy-to-follow instructions, and step-by-step color photos, while handy icons spotlight the key techniques, materials, and the estimated time to complete each project."

Oh and if you want to WIN a copy pop on over to Recycled Craft Gossip.com to leave a comment to enter!

5 comments:

rickimoo said...

I think this would be a great book to read. Pick me please.

Eileen Bergen said...

Cool video. It reminds me of lava lamps from the 60s. I've saved pine cones, sea shells, buttons, sea glass - but no broken windshield glass. That's pretty far out there, Stef. lol.

Gabriela said...

Hello Stephanie,

Yes, I agree with Eileen.
Love this great project!


~ Gabriela ~

Creative Mind said...

Wao..this is really nice...looking awesome...i always love recycling...

M. Buchholz said...

You have some really impressive and incredibly creative work on your blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin