Monday, February 14, 2011

The Jobs I used to have Flashback

I had to go "on the hunt" for some bits of "this and that" that I knew I had and will be included in some upcoming posts and I ran across these! They are the name tags from 3 of my first jobs. All of which don't exist anymore!

My first "on the books" job was at the record store in the mall! It was great. This was the era of Pretty in Pink and let's just say I was one with Molly Ringwald hacking my clothes up back then as I do now. One of the proms I went to my date rocked the "Ducky" outfit too.

Next I was a waitress because there was a lot more money to be made in food service.

Then I even did a stint as a bank teller. Can you believe that one?! I think the branch was on 61st and Lexington in NYC. I totally sported the sneakers with dress outfit like Melanie Griffith in Working Girl for my commute.

OK that's the blast from the past. Now onto Crafty Blogger links in the here and now!

Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world
This week at Craftside there are 2 chances to win any book of your choice from QBookShop.com, insight into double exposure photography, 2 free Valentine graphic pattern downloads, 3 samples of extreme lettering, a bunch of the cutest Amineko photos (one with Suede from Project Runway!) and a fun decorating idea.

About Family Crafts
If you are in need of a last minute Valentine, check out these printable cards.

Aileen's Musings
Aileen offers you a new recipe along with a cupcake postcard you can download and send to a friend. Remember: when all else fails, keep calm and eat a cupcake!

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi has a pop out card tutorial on her blog this week.

Crafty Princess Diaries
Check out this recycled/reused craft supply score.

Cross Stitch at About.com
Connie has a versatile Heart and Hands Blessing pattern for use as a Valentine, wedding, anniversary, or even a St. Patrick's Day project.

Eileen - The Artful Crafter
Eileen has some tips for Tara and other aspiring young artists.

Mixed Media Artist
Cyndi decided to dust off her needle and thread for a brand new project.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin