Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sweater Surgery Eggs-Of course, of course

I know you were waiting for them, wondering when they would appear?
Ta-da! Eggs in Sweaters.

Totally easy-over, no really easy-peasy. Just cut a rectangle of sweater, I used a striped rib that was pretty thin weight and it's pulled fairly taught around the widest part of the egg. This reduced the bulk at each end.

Then I did a running stitch around one end to gather it.
I then stitched up the side.
Finally I sewed the other end with a running stitch to gather it and knotted to secure.
Well there you have it. Sweater Surgery Eggs. Happy hunting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm reading your older blog posts and I TOTALLY LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!
I can't wait to find some plastic eggs which I'm sure are lurking somewhere in my household and cover them with sweaters. Oh, I think I'll do Christmas ball ornaments....now I've got a new project :-)
Robinpich.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin