Thursday, April 9, 2015

How to repaint a chandelier with Krylon Glitter Blast

I am in love with light blue and well, glitter, that just makes it even better! Krylon's light blue Glitter Blast spray paint is the perfect shade of light blue to give one of my old chandeliers this fabulous new look!
Krylon light blue glitter blast chandelier, stefanie girard
It looks just as pretty in the day light as well as at night when the chandelier is lit up.
Krylon light blue glitter blast chandelier, stefanie girard
 I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with the Glitter blast directly on the brass finish or it would need a coat of white Krylon White spray paint to lighten the background so the light blue glitter would really be light.
 So I did a test on top of one of the flower areas. (Note: I prepped my chandelier by wrapping paper and painter's tape around the electrical parts.)
On the left you can see the white area with the Glitter Blast and on the right the Glitter blast directly on the brass finish.

I really liked both! The light blue Glitter Blast looked deep and rich directly on the brass. It was a tough decision but I decided to go with the white undercoat.
 Here is the chandelier with a nice coat of white all over.
And here is a close-up of the first light coat of Krylon's light blue (Sparkling Waters) Glitter Blast. I did about 3 coats letting them dry in between. It took about 1 and 1/2 cans. I'm not sure what I'm going to paint with the remainder in the second can but I can't wait to have something else that will co-ordinate with my pretty "new" glitter-tastic chandelier.

1 comment:

liniecat said...

That looks really great! What an inspired idea to use a sparkly paint too, it must look so lovely when lit.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin