Monday, March 7, 2016

Lucky stenciled March planner page celebrating St. Patrick's Day

I have a few planners going this year. I have so many ideas and wanted to experiment with lots of techniques so I need a few to work with. For this month of March planner page spread I thought I decorate with large letters across all the blocks. Then I started to add a few fun washi tape details.
Tools and materials
Planner
Alphabet dies
Sizzix Big Shot Plus.
recycled clear plastic
Tombow recycled colored pencils
green print washi tape
small heart punch
backing paper from address labels sheets
lucky stenciled planner page st patrick's day, stefanie girard, washi tape
The first step was to die cut the letters, L, U, C, K, and Y out of recycled clear plastic to make the letter stencils.
lucky stenciled planner page st patrick's day, stefanie girard, washi tape
Then trace the letters onto the planner pages as you like them. Then color in each letter. I did some color fades and some contrasting outlines. This was fun to "color" in different ways and maybe even experiment with prints and patterns.
I adhered a strip of washi tape to some scrap address label paper and punched a bunch of hearts. I used the hearts to make a 4 leaf clover on the 17th block and the remaining strip for a decoration up near the month title of the planner.

These techniques would work great for each month by using different words for each holiday that falls within that month.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin