Thursday, February 21, 2008

Anticraft for Easter

I am on the Martha Stewart mailing list and yesterday's email remided all of us that it was 4 weeks till Easter. How ironic that it was sewing class day and I had penciled in a bit of "crafting for me" (as opposed to crafting for work) time.

When I get to do this, I often like to make something designed by someone else.
I have just scored the book:
Anticraft: Knitting, Beading and Stitching for the Slightly Sinister
from North Light Books and I was hot to make this:
The title of the project designed by Alice Merlino is Bad Egg. Yes, that is a decapitated bunny.

And yes, I seem to share her sense of humor because I just loved it so much I had to make it out of recycled sweaters, because that what I do here at Sweater Surgery!

The directions and patterns were great!

Be sure to pop on over the the Authors Renee Rigdon and Zabet Stewart's blog:
http://theanticraft.com/blog.htm

And thanks for giving a shout out to The CPi title in the back of the book:

Sewing 101: A beginner's guide to sewing

4 comments:

Dave Lowe said...

For what it's worth, just added you to my links list on my blog. Fun to be blog buddies.

Marnie said...

That is redonkulously awesome. I shall have to find that book :)

Anonymous said...

that is hiLARious! =)

Last year for Easter I stewed a rabbit....

futuregirl said...

Hey! For a second ... I thought that was *my* bunny egg. You did a great job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin