Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Airstream rehab-a-go-go part Deux-done!

Wow isn't this the most exciting photo?! Well for me it is-nicely trimmed carpet padding-ooooh!OK-I got all the carpet padding in and trimmed up, I think it was the easiest of the three layers, wood, padding, carpeting.
I seriously considered just carpeting the back yard for a moment.....ah but seriously, I had to roll all the carpet out to see what I had to work with. When you score free stuff, it's like a box of chocolates, you never know exactly what you've got.

Ta-da!!! All the carpet is magically (OK well not really magically more like huffing and puffing and cutting and trimming and re-marking and a little more trimming!) in!

By the way don't you think it is simply amazing that the carpet matches virtually perfectly the color of the Airstream? Talk about kismet!

Now the fun begins, decorating-whoo-hoooo!

Not all fun, there is still lots to fix, but I think I am going to play a little and fix a little at the same time.

3 comments:

Dave Lowe said...

I'm envious of the airstream but not the sweat to fix up.

Did I miss something, but how are you going to use this? A killer home office or are you actually taking trips with it on occasion?

GloucesterMary said...

Wow...you have done an amazing job. I am quite envious!

Anonymous said...

It is so great that you have been able to do this rehab so far with free stuff! The hard labor will be worth it in the end, I am sure!

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin