Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Recycled Upcycled Ironic Cat Bird Feeder

Don't let the irony be lost here folks!
This was a way-cool bottle of wine a friend gave me and of course I was not gonna be throwing it out anytime soon. I placed it out in my garden thinking it would look nice. But it needed a purpose. So off to the thrift store and bought a bunch of small plates. None of those worked so I did dig out the stash and after test driving virtually every one , I landed on the clear cut glass.
I filled the bottle with little rocks about 1/2 to 3/4 to weigh it down and then use E6000 to glue the plate to the bottle.
Here the garden bunny is clearly wondering "what's up with the new guy?" he has such short ears and long tail. Not like all of us. (you know what they say about bunnies, it's true for the sculpted ones too!)

2 comments:

Angie in AZ said...

OMG, this is genius! I LOVE it! I'm a cat lover so what's not to love! I"m wondering what kind of adhesive you used to attach the plate to the bottle and, if you filled the bottle with sand or anything to weight it down for balance? GREAT idea for the use of the bottle. Gosh, why don't I ever get wine in a cat bottle?! :(

crossstitcher said...

This is one of the neatest upcycling projects I have ever seen! What a neat idea.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin