Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sweater Surgery Ghost Halloween Decoration

Halloween Ghost made from, what else? A sweater!
All you need to do is make cuts in the sweater where you want the eyes and nose to be and make big runs in the sweater. In this case I sewed up the sleeve openings, cut the pockets and buttons off as well.
I gathered up the neckline with the oh so fancy safety pin and linked it to a bent metal hanger. I unlike Joan Crawford am a big fan of the wire hanger!
Then simply wrapped the edges of the sweater over the soft new curves of the hanger. If you live in a particularly windy area you may want to glue or stitch in place but as yet I haven't had the need. Oh and I did tie the outside bottom corners out to the foliage to make the bottom splay out a bit, but is isn't necessary.
And to see more pictures of the Halloween Back Yard and this GIANT Spider web pop over to Craftside to see how they were made!

7 comments:

Faith said...

LOVE!!!! I desperately want to know how you did the spider web!!! BTW - stop by after this weekend -- I'm putting up my decor then.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is SO cute! Cozy too. I just want to hug this guy! I'll be linking to this fun project!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Hee-hee. That sweater looks *much* better as a ghost!!!

(P.S. - HI FAITH!!!)

Dave Lowe said...

LOL, looks like we're both in a cob web making mood this week. As much as I like the ghost, the giant pergola web is a fantastic idea.

MAN! I could see that at a Halloween party with paper Jack o Lanterns hanging from or skeleton/skull lights!

Anonymous said...

That’s great..! Impressed with your Halloween decoration ideas.

tomas said...

Great creativity..! Really a nice stuff for Halloween decoration.

patty said...

hey halloween is started again, this is great time to start with latest designs...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin