Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sweater Surgery Ring Inspired by Sherri Haab

When I love something I really love it:

This is one of my favorite new books. I posted a project here that was my spin on the cover design. And I have another one that I did inspired by Sharri's pretty embroidered rings in the book to share with you today.
I start with a sweater of course. This one has some really neat crocheted and embroidered details.
Since this wasn't a wool sweater it couldn't be felted so I ironed a stabilizer on the back so the knitting wouldn't come unraveled.
I then rough cut out the area I wanted to use and pulled it over a button and adjusted it until I liked where the beads and embellishments filled the button surface. I then followed the great directions in :Felt, Fabric, and Fiber Jewelry: 20 Beautiful Projects to Bead, Stitch, Knot, and Braid
And here you have my Sweater Surgery embroidered ring. You will not run out of ideas and inspiration with this book I swear!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I just got this book last week and am so excited to try the projects. Sherri Haab's books are great.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin