Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Christmas tree is getting adorned with a cute crochet bird from the charming new book Crochet Adorned by Linda Permann

Just about my favorite thing to do is embellish! And crocheting little bits and trims is so cool!

I savored every page of this book. The first project I had to try just flew right off the page at me....yes pun intended!
Crochet Adorned:
Reinvent Your Wardrobe with Crocheted Accents, Embellishments, and Trim
By
Linda Permann

"Does last season’s skirt need a little more flash? Want to breathe new life into your favorite tee? If you love crochet and quick, gratifying projects, Linda Permann will show you how to turn your old duds into a new wardrobe with yarn, a hook, and inspired ideas! By adding trims, embellishments and lace–or even changing the design of a garment–with simple crochet stitches, you can give your clothes a whole new look. These fun-to-make projects are a great second chance for clothes from your closet or thrifty finds–and they’ll even look great with the gems already in your yarn stash. When someone asks, "Did you make that?" you will love to answer "Yes!"

Plus, Linda shares new ideas for accessories and home decorating with projects that include earrings, aprons, and pillows. She’ll guide you through color theory (to keep your clothes and yarn in harmony), help you develop an eagle eye for embellishable clothes (so that you can reap all the benefits of thrifty finds), and share all the details you need to know to customize each project to your own size and style.

With helpful how-to instructions and illustrations, 20 inspired projects, and a stitch dictionary of extra trims, motifs, and patterns, you’ll have all the tools you need to embellish anything and everything–just the way you like it."

OK so I grabbed a ball of yarn in a great sick greenish yellow color, it was a bit bigger than the recommended size for this pattern but when I make something the first time sometimes I like to work with an easy size yarn.

Crochet Adorned included both word directions and symbol patterns, I really liked that because this helped me learn symbols but made the words make sense. Very cool!

I like the way my first bird came out. I gave it a ribbon scarf and used the yarn tails to make a loop for hanging on my tree. The next bird I crochet using the pattern from Crochet Adorned will definitely be in the recommended size yarn so I can make a pin from it.

If you like crocheting up little bits to add to your cloths or projects you will truly have a lot to work with in
Crochet Adorned .

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Very cute! I like the scarf you added too.

Linda Augsburg said...

I always like my first attempt to be in something larger too if it looks like it's going to be an intricate piece. Good job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin