Monday, May 31, 2010

How I Memorial Day Crafted by making fallen soldier tote bags from their uniforms and Crafty Blogger links

These are some tote bags I made from the uniforms of two soldiers that were killed. When my friend Carolyn the mom of fallen soldier SPC Nick Steinbacher told me about a lady who makes these and that she was super busy I said I would make them for her. I also made some for another Gold Star Mom, Kat the Mom of another killed soldier Marine Cpl. Christopher Leon .

Aileen's Musings
Aileen's excited to share her first how to video called Ribbon's & Lace. Take a quiet moment, grab a cuppa and stop by and see what its all about.

Crafty Princess Diaries
Tammy is learning more every day when it comes to her Etsy shop, like the importance of tags and the number of items you should list, but it's definitely a work in progress.

About Family Crafts
Is getting to be that time of year when people get out more whether it be day trips, camping trips, or gathering with friends and family and having picnics and barbecues! Find out how you can incorporate crafting into your camping and picnic fun.

Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world
Craftside's got a hot new Look. Learn, and Create video featuring Barbe Saint John showing us how to make a Steampunk hair pin, a free bow graphic download, how to add words to a journal page and a bow, and an inside peek into 1000 ideas from 100 Fashion Designers.

Cross Stitch at About.com
Read loads of great tips on Cross Stitch and then share your own - what tips and tricks have you learned that keep you out of tight spots?

Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter
Madge shares her Zen Master Slacker Mommy's Guide to Letting Things Ride.

Mixed Media Artist
Can you ever have too much fabric? Cyndi thinks not! Come and add your favorite link to Cyndi's favorites.

Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery
How to make a recycled sweater gearhead hot pad inspired by the book- The Journal Junkies Workshop

The Artful Crafter
Advice on selling large lots of craft supplies.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

The bags made from soldiers uniforms are incredible.
I have made blankets for people made of clothing from loved ones who have died. I counted it a privilege to have done so.

sharon said...

Thank you for this special tribute. I am a military wife and I posted some thoughts and pics this Memorial Day. Thank you for your support and thanks to all the families who have sacrificed so much more than I can ever imagine!

http://lovelybud.typepad.com/lovely-bud/2010/05/we-remember-and-we-are-thankful.html

Lynda said...

Wonderful bags for those families. I'm sure those bags will be treasured for years to come.

Maiden Jane said...

What a practical and beautiful tribute.

CierraShore said...

This almost made me cry-- so thoughtful and sweet. I am a veteran, and a military wife-- those bags will be very treasured! Thank you for remembering what Memorial Day is really about-- our servicemen and service women.

Now my wheels are spinning on what I can do with my husband's and my old military uniforms-- thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin