Tuesday, September 6, 2011

How to use a Simplicity Deluxe SideWinder to wind thread for serging

I've got a fun little "Tool Time" share today. I scored myself a darling red cotton polka dot sundress at the thrift store but it had a ripped hem and anyway it was too long for my liking. So I thought I'd serge the two hems as it had a lining as well.
It worked dreamy but the "Tool Time" aspect I want to share with you is for some reason I only had 2 spools of red serger thread but I do have a handy dandy Simplicity Deluxe SideWinder and a stash of empty thread spools!
As it turns out thread spools fit on the assortment of bobbin holders that come with the Simplicity Deluxe SideWinder. All I had to do was manually with my finger guide the thread up and down the tall spool to load it as it should be.
Worked like a charm at the slow speed!

Wind on.

2 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Wow, I never knew there was such a thing as a machine to wind thread. I wonder if it could do bobbins. I hate having to stop my sewing, cut the thread, refill the bobbin, and start over again.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Yes it does wind little bobbins, Stef! I just clicked over and watched the video.

This is on my Christmas list. Thanks for telling us about it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin