Monday, June 1, 2020

How to create a neighborhood gallery with page protectors


I had a lot of art shows canceled and I was really missing the sense of community. I spotted the hashtag #putartinyouryard and got an idea. I put plastic pockets on my fence with a piece of cardstock in each one stamped with the words "Your Art Here". I also made a sign inviting artists of all ages to pop a piece of art in a pocket.

Well, it didn't take long and my Burbank Neighborhood Gallery grew!

Artists came by and shared their art. If you have a way to display art in your yard I highly recommend it. It really has brightened everyone's day and we could all use a little more of that :)

There are photographs, paintings, drawings, quilting, collage, and dried flowers.

So cute!
I also registered the gallery for this Saturday's National Arts Drive.
To see lots more of the art and people that contributed pop on over to my instagram feed.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin