Let me explain. I have three beautiful pumpkin plants in my yard and I had finally got a baby pumpkin that was about 2 inches in diameter. Then one day I went to water it and someone literally had taken a bite out my pumpkin! Another baby appeared and before it was even an inch someone was already chowing down on it! So yesterday I built a literal fortress of wire and screening around the next batch of baby pumpkins. Fingers crossed!
In the mean time I need some pumpkins to decorate with so I made some....just call me mother nature...uh maybe mother crafter???
OK here's how I made the paper pumpkins:
I die cut the circles out of some sparkly orange card stock with my Sizzix die cutter.
Then I cut a little bit off each circle so that the pumpkins would sit flat and not roll around.
Each circle was then folded in half and glued back to back.
A tiny bit of curled pipe cleaner was poked into the center space of each.
Let me just say that this book is simply packed full of great little details that I can't wait to put my spin on and use as decorating elements. embellishments to my crafts and as intended in my scrapbook and altered book pages. I bet you will love it too!
Scrapbook Page Maps 2: More Sketches for Creative Layouts and Cards
More about the book from Memory Maker Books:
More PageMaps to Kick-Start Your Creativity!
Even the most imaginative people get stumped sometimes. Author and artist Becky Fleck’s easy-to-use sketches will help get you over the hurdle with 92 brand new sketches for traditional and digital layouts, greeting cards, mini albums and home décor items. In addition, you’ll find new artwork for over 140 incredible layouts and projects in a variety of sizes that will inspire your own artistic creations.
- Discover new layout sketches and artwork from the author of Scrapbook PageMaps, including a full chapter devoted to greeting cards.
- Learn to use sketches to focus and coordinate your ideas whenever you’re feeling overwhelmed by materials, photos and journaling.
- Take your favorite sketches along with you! Included are 64 travel-size sketch cards for easy planning wherever you get inspired.
- Learn new techniques and methods with easy to follow step-by-step instructions.
- Find “Eye Spy” tips from the author that point out the unique, unusual and unexpected elements you can use to make any page even more special.
If you’re feeling stumped with how to use that special photo, or if you just can’t decide how to use those beautiful supplies, Scrapbook Page Maps 2 will help you tell your story!